So after taking a little time off to work on other important matters (see future post!), I finally got back to working on the new game, only to see that a new version of Unity is out -- Cool!
But, long story short, when I tried updating the project, it broke many things that were important to my workflow.
Luckily, after the unfortunate Oh Captain incident, I had version control setup via the Github Desktop app, and it has served me well in the past, so I wasn't too worried.
BUT, for some reason it wouldn't let me revert to an earlier commit! Granted, at this point I still wasn't fully aware of the way the Git system works.
Now, everything is working fine except one thing: Unity's tool for recording cutscenes and exporting them as MP4 files--Something I am using heavily in my quest to make the perfect teaser trailer. It's throwing a bunch of errors, and only recording the first frame of the cutscene. I updated it to the newest version and haven't tested it yet. Hopefully it will work now.
On Friday I have another post about the really cool music in the game. Stay tuned for that!
Thanks for reading!